Carbon monoxide gas is poisonous, but you can’t see, smell or taste it.
To keep your family safe:
- Check all fuel-burning appliances to be sure they work properly. Have your stoves and fireplaces cleaned and checked by a professional once a year.
- Put a carbon monoxide alarm near where people sleep. Be sure your alarm has the Underwriters Laboratories (UL 2034) label.
Safety Tip: Contact Hearth & Home if you have any questions or concerns about any appliances installed or maintained by us. We’re always happy to hear from you. Your concerns are our concerns.